Risk management strategy design
A good risk management strategy will set the direction for your future state
A risk management strategy sets the direction for your future state. It focuses on what is important to you and what success looks like. A good risk management strategy will align to your risk profile, prioritise focus areas based on risk and capacity and keep you on-track to achieve your goals.
We help businesses design and implement their risk management strategies
We develop and co-design risk management strategies in ways that engage your staff, capture key areas of your risk profile and deliver in a way that is simple to follow and aligned to your capacity. We also have the capability to assist you with progressive implementation.
Why co-design and staff engagement is crucial to successful risk strategies
Risk management strategies are intended protect businesses and their people so it makes sense to include, engage and co-design these strategies with the people they are intended to serve.
Although businesses often have the right intensions to establish fit for purpose strategies, they often do this in isolation and overlook this critical step which often results in:
- Implementation challenges, delays or failures;
- Minimal uptake in identified risk control plans;
- Stakeholder disconnection, disengagement and silos; and
- Inability to transition beyond compliance to a proactive and preventative state.
Businesses that do prioritise engagement and co-design with their staff and key stakeholders benefit from a collective and consolidated input on risk priorities, management and control strategies. This approach fosters a positive connection with risk management and enables:
- Targeted risk strategies to be established;
- Capacity building through inclusion;
- Increased likelihood of success; and
- Proactive and preventative approaches to risk management.
Risk profiling will assist with informing and prioritising key risks
Businesses that have a clear understanding of their risk profile are more likely to develop and implement a successful risk strategy. A risk profile guides your decision making, identifies risks and opportunities and enables you to prioritise and focus on what matters most.
We facilitate interactive risk profile identification assessments, exercises and workshops. This is one of the simplest and best ways to engage staff, identify key risks and controls and establish focus areas to inform your strategy. We also have the capability to assist with your risk profile implementation planning and execution. See our business risk profiling page (insert link).
Keeping strategies simple, targeted and aligned to your capacity
A common challenge for businesses is keeping their risk management strategy simple, targeted and achievable. It is easy to get lost in the detail and over ambitious on deliverables and timelines, in fact, this is often what leads to minimal strategic traction or failure.
The best strategies are progressive and aligned to the capacity of the business and its people, this requires careful planning, prioritisation of focus areas and a clear action plan to deliver of each of the focus areas which is supported by implementation monitoring to gauge momentum and effectiveness.
Our approach to risk management strategy design
We deliver risk strategy design programs and sessions with business leaders, departments and workforce stakeholders. The process is simple and includes the following:
- Identify your needs and the scope of the risk strategy
- Identify key stakeholders and relevant departments
- Identify, understand and or facilitate risk profiling
- Facilitate diagnostic discussions and review to inform focus areas
- Correlate risk profile with diagnostic discussions and review to inform strategic focus areas
- Co-design a risk management strategy and action plan
- Structure a targeted and progressive implementation process based on capacity
Achieving consistent and effective outcomes
The relatively simple and effective approach that we use means that a number of consistent outcomes are typically achieved, these include:
- Strategic priorities are identified
- Stakeholders are engaged and included in the process
- A strategy on a page is developed for the business
- An action plan is developed to deliver on the strategy
- Implementation is targeted, progressive and aligned to the capacity of the business
Leadership in risk, safety and management consulting
Simplifyrisk has worked with some of Australia’s most prominent organisations including the Australian Grand Prix Corporation, Netball Australia and the Australian Red Cross.
Our ability to simplify the complex, facilitate change and tailor our approach to our clients’ needs is what we are known for and the reason our clients continue to engage us.
Our staff are seasoned risk management, health and safety and management consulting professionals having worked across a wide range of business sectors for over 15 years.
Sector experience includes:
- Major events and sports
- Tourism and hospitality
- Marketing and entertainment
- Not-for-profit and community
- Assets and facilities
- Roads and infrastructure
We pride ourselves on being flexible, affordable and timely in what we deliver.
Get in touch to arrange your business risk profiling session
Contact Simplify risk on 0417 895 215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss our services in more detail or to arrange a readiness exercise.
More information and testimonials
If you would like more information, please get in touch. If you would like to see what other organisations have to say about working with the Simplifyrisk team, refer to our testimonials page https://www.simplifyrisk.com.au/client-testimonials/